16 Reasons why I can’t wait for Autumn
Autumn’s around the corner and I can’t wait. It’s my favourite season of the year and here’s why:
Note to self: This year I WILL nail the effortless chunky knit falling off my shoulders look (see point one).
- Knitwear. I’ve missed you. In my mind I will lounge around the house in an oversized cream chunky knit cardigan like Rachel from Suits. In reality, I will spend all winter searching for a cardigan just like hers and end up weeping when I finally find it in early March.
- And boots! My new slouchy black boots are ready as are my fave suede ankle boots from last year. I love my summer Saltwater sandals but the tan lines are frankly getting ridiculous.
- I can start wearing my pleather leggings again. They are THE COMFIEST trousers I own, and wipe clean (which sounds dodgy but is actually just brilliant when you have a sticky-fingered toddler).
- My chocolate brown Mulberry Phoebe will go with my outfits again. Chunky knitwear + jeans (or pleather leggings) + boots + delicious thick Darwin leather. Yes please.
- Pumpkin Spice Lattes. Total cliche, but come on, they’re great.
- New season clothes. I get way more excited about Autumn/Winter clothes than I do about summer ones. I’m definitely more of a winter dresser.
- New season bags (this probably should have come before clothes, but whatever). Wintry, classic hues and then all of the jazzy sparkly numbers for the festive period. Come at me.
- Scarves. This year I will be hunting the biggest and cosiest scarf I can find. Lenny Kravitz will be jel.
- Also bobble hats. Last year I bought a gorgeous handknit grey hat with a cream pom pom from So Satsuma. I loved it and will definitely be wearing it again (I love a hat) but I really fancy adding a mustard one to my wardrobe too.
- Parkin. A real Yorkshire delicacy and I will eat it by the bucketload.
- See also Toffee Apples.
- The leaves. I love the changing colours as the seasons change. Autumn is all about crisp fresh days, blue skies, a hint of frost in the air and walking through golden leaves. I love it.
- Bonfire night. Wrapping up warm to watch fireworks, a big bonfire, eat treacle toffee and celebrate a bloke making a huge mess of blowing up Parliament more than 400 years ago.
- Packing away the suncream. OK so we haven’t exactly been spoiled with raging hot weather in the UK, but as someone who burns after approximately five minutes in the sun I welcome the day I get to pack away the factor 50 for another year. My pale English complexion loves you, autumn.
- Rugby. I’ve loved rugby for years and while the new season kicks off at the start of September, it always has the feel of ushering in a new time of the year. Cricket for summer, rugby for winter, perfect.
- And last but my no means least, my son’s birthday. He turns two this autumn and I’m looking forward to celebrating with family and friends.
Are you excited for the coming season? What are you looking forward to the most?